Shreya Ghoshal is an Indian playback singer and television personality who has received several accolades and honors throughout the world. Scroll down to learn about her biography, height, weight, age, family, husband, kids, net worth and fun facts.
Shreya Ghoshal Biography
Playback Singer, Television Personality
Pop, ghazal, Classical, Bhajan
Sagar Music, Times Music, Saregama, Asha Audio
Birthday / Date of Birth
Shreya Ghoshal was born on March 12, 1984 to a Bengali Hindu family in Murshidabad, Murshidabad district, West Bengal.
She is currently 33 years old.
Rawatbhata, Rajasthan, India
Shreya attended the Atomic Energy Central School in Rawatbhata up to 8th grade. At the age 11, she won the All India Light Vocal Music Competition in Light Vocal group in sub-junior level.
She moved to Delhi and completed her schooling at the Atomic Energy Central School in Anushakti Nagar. She then joined the Atomic Energy Junior College to study science, however, she left the college in her freshman and enrolled at the SIES College of Arts, Science, and Commerce in Mumbai, where she majored in arts with English.
- Father – Bishwajit Ghoshal (Electrical Engineer)
- Mother – Sarmistha Ghoshal, (Literature post-graduate)
- Siblings – Soumyadeep Ghoshal (Younger Brother)
Shiladitya Mukhopadhyaya (Businessman) (m. February 5, 2015)
Shiladitya Mukhopadhyaya – Shreya and Shiladitya Mukhopadhyaya were childhood friends and have been dating more than 10 years before getting married on February 5, 2015. Her personal life has been always subject to media attention, and there were reports that she got pregnant before her marriage. However, she denied them saying they are baseless.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6m
- In Kilograms – 62 kg
- In Pounds – 136 lbs
- Measurements – 34-28-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
Shreya Ghoshal wears a shoe size 7 US.
She wears a dress size 4 US.
She first released her studio album tilted, Bendhechhi Beena, on 1 January 1998, with 14 tracks.
She hasn’t appeared in films yet.
Shreya Ghoshal participated in the singing reality show, Sa Re Ga Ma (now Sa Re Ga Ma Pa) in 2000 and won the season’s title. That victory marked a stepping stone in her music career. Ace filmmaker and music director Sanjay Leela Bhansali identified her singing talents and introduced her to the entertainment industry.
She has appeared on many reality shows as contestant as well as judge including STAR Voice of India, X Factor India, and Indian Idol Junior, to name a few.
Shreya Ghoshal has featured on a number of television commercials and print ads. She has been the face of Joyalukkas and also crooned a number of songs for TVCs.
- Ted Strickland, Governor of U.S. State Ohio, has declared 26 June as “Shreya Ghoshal Day”.
- In April 2013, Ghoshal was awarded with the highest honour in London by the members of House of Commons of the United Kingdom.
- Forbes India placed her in their “Top 5 Celeb100 Singers and Musicians” list in 2013.
- Ghoshal is the only Indian singer to include in the list of “India’s most Influential Women” as under the age of 40 by Verve, a magazine for women.
- She was ranked #43 in the “50 Sexiest Asian Women” list by the UK-based newspaper Eastern Eye.
- Ghoshal also placed in the list of “Hottest Celebrity Women On Social Media In India” by Desiblitz, a UK’s web magazine.
- In March 2017, Ghoshal became the first Indian singer to have a wax figure of her made for the display in Indian wing of Madame Tussauds Museum in Delhi.
Shreya Ghosha owns a few luxury cars including a BMW 7 series, Audi A8 and a Mercedes Benz SUV. She lives in a lavish house in the posh area of Kolkata. She also owns several real estate properties in Mumbai and Kolkata.
Shreya Ghoshal Net worth
The Queen of Bollywood music has a net worth of $11 million as of 2017. She takes somewhere between Rs 7 – 10 lakh per song and obviously one of the wealthiest singers in the country. She has a great sense of fashion and style when it comes to clothing, and is often considered as the elegant singer in the industry.
Shreya Ghoshal Favorites
- Favorite Actor -Guru Dutt
- Favorite Actress – Madhuri Dixit, Waheeda Rehman
- Favorite Musicians – AR Rahman, RD Burman, Madan Mohan
- Favorite Singers – Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Beyonce, Norah Jons
- Favorite Food – Chelab, Rasmalai
- Favorite Holiday Destination – Mauritius
- Favorite Songs – Kehna Hi Kya” by Chitra from the film Bombay (1995), Aap Ki Nazron Ne Samjhaa” by Lata Mangeshkar from the film Anpadh (1962), Lag Ja Gale Ke Phir” by Lata Mangeshkar from the film Woh Kaun Thi (1964)
Social Media Portfolio
Ghoshal is one of the most followed celebrities on a variety of social networking sites and has garnered more than 28 million likes on Facebook. She also has a considerable amount of following on the photo sharing app, Instagram and Twitter. Follow her on:
- Facebook – shreyaghoshal
- Twitter – shreyaghoshal
- Instagram – shreyaghoshal
- Snapchat – shreya.ghoshal
Interesting Facts About Shreya Ghoshal
Shreya started taking music class at the tender age of 4. And, at 6, she started learning classical music from Padmashree Late Kalyanji Bhai and Late Mukta Bhideji. At 16, she performed in a television reality show and got noticed by Bollywood musicians.
She has received 4 National Film Awards, 6 Filmfare Awards, 9 Filmfare Awards, 2 Tamil Nadu State Film Awards and 3 Kerala State Film Awards among others.
Ghoshal has performed a number of concerts throughout the world. She is the second Indian singer after Lata Mangeshkar to have performed live at the the Fox Theatre in Detroit.
With a career spanning more than 15 years, she has worked with all of the big names in the entertainment industry and inspires thousands of young aspiring singers with the enchanting voice.
Shreya can reach high up to six octaves and what makes her unique among her counterparts is that her versatility.
Ghoshal is referred to by the media as ‘Melody Queen’, ‘Queen of Melody’, ‘Queen of Hits’, ‘Queen of Bollywood Music’, ‘Nightingale’, ‘Queen Bee’, ‘Bollywood Playback Queen’, and ‘Undisputed Queen of Singing’.
She would have become an astronaut or a genetic engineer if not were a singer.
Shreya Ghoshal has sung in different languages like Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, Nepali, Gujarati, Marathi, Assamese and Malayalam.
She has a dog named Sherlock, which also has a Twitter handle.
Several film producers and directors have approached her to to cast her in their films, but she politely refused all of them.