Joe Jonas is a famed American singer and actor who has been in the pop scene since 2004. He first gained prominence as a member of the pop rock band the Jonas Brothers, alongside his brothers Kevin and Nick. The Jonas brothers earned a lot of popularity after their appearances in Disney’s musical television film Camp Rock and its sequel Camp Rock 2. They were also featured on their own series, Jonas Brothers: Living the Dream and Jonas. The band has released a few successful studio albums until their split in 2015. After that, Joe embarked on a successful solo career, releasing his debut studio album, Fastlife, in 2011.
Joseph Adam Jonas
Joe, JJ, DJ Danger, Joseph Jonas
Birthday / Date of Birth
Joe Jonas was born on August 15, 1989 in Casa Grande, Arizona, USA.
He’s currently 29 years old.
Joe’s ancestry is Italian, English, German, Irish, Cherokee, French-Canadian, and Scottish.
He was homeschooled.
- Father – Paul Kevin Jonas, Sr. (Musician and former ordained minister at an Assemblies of God church)
- Mother – Denise Jonas (Former sign language teacher and singer)
- Siblings – Nick Jonas (Younger Brother), Frankie Jonas (Younger Brother), Kevin Jonas (Older Brother)
Joe Jonas has been dating English actress Sophie Turner from 2016. The couple got engaged in October 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 64 kg
- In Pounds – 141 lbs
He wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Joe made his debut as a singer with the Grammy-nominated, multi-platinum selling group, Jonas Brothers, where he was a lead vocalist. The band released their debut studio album, “It’s About Time” on August 2008. The album saw little success in the United States with a limited record sales as the label didn’t promote the album as expected. This led to the band’s departure from Colombia Records and immediately signed with Hollywood Records. The band released three more studio albums before they disbanded their band in 2015.
As a solo artist, Joe Jonas released his first studio album titled “Fastlife” on October 11, 2011 under the label Hollywood Records. The album debuted at no. 15 on the US Billboard 200.
In 2015, Joe along with friends formed his own band called ‘DNCE’, releasing their debut single, “Cake by the Ocean” that same year. The single went on to chart within top spots on various musical charts as well as received multiple platinum certifications.
The band’s first debut studio album, “DNCE”, was released on November 18, 2016. The album peaked at #16 on the Billboard 200.
Joe had his first onscreen appearance in 2008 when he was cast as himself in an American concert film from Walt Disney Pictures, “Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert”.
Joe made his television debut as himself on the American TV series Hannah Montana in 2007.
Joe was featured in the Acuvue contact lenses commercial. He also served as the Pepsi Brand Ambassador for Pulse Digital Dashboard.
Joe Jonas Favorites
- Favorite Food – Chocolate Marshmallow Ice Cream, Bbq Chicken Pizza, Chicken Cutlet With Mayo
- Favorite Actor – Jim Carrey
- Favorite Actresses – Natalie Portman, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Favorite Singer – Jonny Lang
- Favorite Bands – Switchfoot, Daft Punk, Copeland, Team Hilario, The Backstreet Boys, Nsync, The Beatles
- Favorite Movies – Twilight (2008), New Moon (2009), The Holiday (2006]), Dumb And Dumber (1994), Finding Neverland (2004), School For Scoundrels (2006), Transformers (2007), Liar Liar (1997)
- Favorite TV Shows – Lost (2004-2010), Most Extreme Challenge (2003-2007)
- Favorite Songs – “Just Want You To Know” by Backstreet Boys (2005), “Cry Me A River” by Justin Timberlake (2002), “Pushing Me Away” by Jonas Brothers (2008), “Still In Love With You” by Jonas Brothers (2007), “I Am What I Am” by Jonas Brothers (2006), “Pop” by Nsync, “Hey Jude” by The Beatles, “Crank That Soulja Boy by Soulja Boy (2007), “I Gotta Feeling” by The Black Eyed Peas (2009)
- Favorite Author – Dr. Seuss, Stephenie Meyer
- Favorite Books – A Wrinkle In Time (By Madeleine L’Engle in 1962), New Moon, Twilight
- Favorite Places – Starbucks, In And Out Burger, Limited Too, American Outfitters, American Apparel
- Favorite Color – Blue, Purple
Joe Jonas Net worth
Joe Jonas has a net worth of $18 million. He earned his net worth from his singing and acting career.
Social Media Profiles
Joe Jonas Facts
He used to play keyboard, guitar, tambourine and a lead vocalist during his time with the band, The Jonas Brothers.
He wanted to be a comedian, but ended up as a singer.
He was part of the church choir along with his brothers Nick and Kevin.
Joe Jonas has won the Los Premios MTV Latinoamerica Award for Fashionista Award – Male in 2008 and the Kids Choice Award for Favorite TV Actor in 2009.
In 2018, he joined the Australian version of The Voice as a coach, a year after being a mentor on the American version.
After he broke with The Jonas Brothers in 2013, he formed a 4-member pop rock band called DNCE. The other three members are Jack Lawless (drummer), Cole Whittle (bassist / keyboardist), and JinJoo Lee (guitarist) in 2015.