Snoop Dogg Height, Weight, Age, Wiki, Biography, Net Worth, Facts
Snoop Dogg is a well-known American rapper and singer best known for his debut album, ‘Doggystyle’, which sold around 1 million copies in the first week of its release. He has been in the pop scene since 1992, when he was discovered by the famous rapper Dr. Dre. Dogg has since released over a dozen studio albums and received 17 Grammy nominations without a win. As an actor, he has starred in dozens of films and television shows including The Wrecking Crew, Mac & Devin Go to High School, Future World, Snoop Dogg’s Father Hood and Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party, to name a few.
Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr.
Snoop Doggy Dogg, Bigg Snoop Dogg, The Doggfather, Snoopzilla, Snoop Lion, DJ Snoopadelic
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Actor
Birthday / Date of Birth
Snoop Dogg was born on October 20, 1971 in Long Beach, California, USA.
He is currently 47 years old.
He has African, American and European ancestry.
Snoop graduated from Long Beach Polytechnic High School, Long Beach, California in 1989.
- Father – Vernell Varnado (Vietnam veteran, singer, mail carrier)
- Mother – Beverly Broadus (née Tate)
- Siblings – He has two brothers, one younger and one older.
- Relatives – Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Sr (Stepfather), Ray J (First Cousin) (Singer, rapper), Brandy Norwood (First Cousin) (Recording Artist, actress), Sasha Banks (Cousin) (Professional Wrestler)
Snoop married his longtime girlfriend, Shante Taylor, on June 12, 1997. The couple filed for divorce in May 2004, but eventually continued their wedding vows on January 12, 2008. They have three children – sons Cordé (born August 21, 1994) and Cordell (born February 21, 1997), and daughter Cori (born June 22, 1999).
- In feet – 6 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 193 cm
- In meters – 1.9 m
- In Kilograms – 85 kg
- In Pounds – 187 lbs
He wears a size 12 (US) shoe.
Snoop Dogg released his debut studio album titled Doggystyle on November 23, 1993 under Death Row Records. The album debuted at number one on both the Billboard 200 and Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts, selling almost 1 million copies in its first week. Overall, the album sold over 11 million copies in its throughout run. The album spawned hit singles “What’s My Name?”, “Gin and Juice”, and “Doggy Dogg World” and received 4x platinum from RIAA. As of 2018, Dogg has released sixteen studio albums, four collaborative albums, seventeen compilation albums, two extended plays, twenty mixtapes, 127 singles.
- Doggystyle (1993)
- Tha Doggfather (1996)
- Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told (1998)
- No Limit Top Dogg (1999)
- Tha Last Meal (2000)
- Paid tha Cost to Be da Boss (2002)
- R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece (2004)
- Tha Blue Carpet Treatment (2006)
- Ego Trippin’ (2008)
- Malice n Wonderland (2009)
- Doggumentary (2011)
- Reincarnated (2013)
- Bush (2015)
- Coolaid (2016)
- Neva Left (2017)
- Bible of Love (2018)
Hip hop, R&B, funk, reggae
Atlantic, Death Row, Interscope Records, Doggystyle, No Limit, Priority, TVT, Capital, Star Trak, Geffen, Rostrum, Mad Decent, Vice, RCA, Stones Throw, i am OTHER, Columbia Records
Snoop made his acting debut by playing a minor role as Scavenger Smoker in the 1998 film, Half Baked. This was his cameo appearance. That same year, he had his first proper role as Kool Kitty Kat in the film Caught Up.
In 1997, he appeared in a TV sitcom called The Steve Harvey Show as himself in the episode titled “I Do, I Don’t”.
Dubbed as a television personality, he has appeared/hosted in a number of TV shows, including Doggy Fizzle Televizzle (2001-2003), Snoop Dogg’s Father Hood (2007-2009), WWE Raw (2009), Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party (2016-present).
Over the years, Snoop has endorsed several brands and products, including Adidas Originals, Chrysler 300, Orbit Gum, Metro PCS Samsung Galaxy 4G, “Serious Pimp” clothing line, “iFizzle” iPhone Application, Pepsi Max, Vybe Mobile and several of his own business ventures.
Snoop Dogg Favorites
- Favorite Food – Chicken Wings
- Favorite Band – Thrash metal, Metallica
- Favorite TV Program – The Tudors (2007)
- Favorite Sports – Football, Basketball
- Favorite Basketball Teams – Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Lakers
- Favorite Football Teams – USC Football, Pittsburgh Steele
- Favorite Color – Black
Snoop Dogg Net worth
Snoop Dogg is one of the richest and successful rappers on the planet with an incredible net worth of $135 million. He owns many exotic cars including Rolls Royce, Pontiac and Cadillac. He has many luxurious houses in possession including his Claremont mansion in California.
Social Media Profiles
He is very active on social media, where he has over 27 million followers on Instagram and more than 17 million followers on Twitter.
Snoop Dogg Facts
1. His father, Vernell Varnado, left the family soon after his birth and so he was named after his stepfather, Calvin Cordozar Broadus Sr.
2. He was arrested for possession of cocaine, and was frequently in and out of prison during his teens.
3. He developed interest in singing and rapping when he was young and used to record homemade tapes with his cousins. One of his tape caught the attention of the influential producer Dr. Dre, and shortly after his musical journey took off.
4. He took the stage name Snoop Doggy Dogg, and worked on Dr. Dre’s debut solo album The Chronic. During this time, he released his debut album Doggystyle to tremendous success.
5. Snoop is good friends with Cameron Diaz and David Beckham.
6. In 2000, Snoop directed Snoop Dogg’s Doggystyle, a pornographic film produced by Hustler followed by Snoop Dogg’s Hustlaz: Diary of a Pimp in 2002/
7. Snoop launched his own production company, Snoopadelic Films, in 2005. He produced the film, Boss’n Up, which was inspired by Snoop Dogg’s album R&G, starring Lil Jon and Trina.
8. In December 2013, Snoop performed at the annual Kennedy Center Honors concert, honoring jazz pianist Herbie Hancock.
9. As an avid sports fan, Snoop supports his hometown teams Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Lakers, and USC Trojans, as well as the Pittsburgh Steelers.
10. Snoop is a certified football coach and has been head coach of his son Cordell’s youth football teams and the John A. Rowland High School team.
11. In 1994, he won the MTV Video Music Awards in the category ‘Best Rap Video’ for the song ‘Doggy Dogg World’.
12. In April 2016, Snoop Dogg performed “Straight outta Compton” and “Fuck tha Police” at Coachella, during a reunion of N.W.A. members Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and MC Ren.
13. He has been arrested several times mainly for possession of Marijuana and sometimes due to misbehavior, vandalism.
14. Snoop has won 2 Adult Video News (AVN) awards for Best Music soundtrack & Top Selling Tape for the pornographic film – Doggystyle in 2001.
15. In March 2016, he was inducted into the celebrity wing of the WWE Hall of Fame.
16. On May 27, 2018, Snoop Dogg set the Guinness World Record for the largest Paradise cocktail. Concocted at the BottleRock Napa Valley music festival, the “Gin and Juice” drink measured over 132 gallons and “contained 180 bottles of gin, 154 bottles of apricot brandy and 38 jugs of orange juice”.
17. Snoop runs his own new digital media business, Merry Jane, that focuses on news about marijuana.