Sonam Kapoor is a well-acclaimed actress in of Indian cinema, who predominantly appears in Bollywood films. Known for her outspoken personality in Bollywood circle, she is one of the highest paid actresses and Bollywood’s most fashionable celebrities. She is also a celebrity endorser for brands and products. Besides a brilliant student in school, she has also excelled in sports activates too. Kapoor often seen playing rugby, basketbal in school and she is a trained Kathak, classical music and Latin dancer. Check out Sonam Kapoor Height, Weight, Wiki, Age, Biography, Boyfriend, Body Measurements, Net Worth and more.
Sonam Kapoor Biography
Sonam Anil Kapoor
Birthday / Date of Birth
She was born on June 9, 1985 in Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She is currently 32 years old.
Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
She was enrolled at Arya Vidya Mandir school. She then attended United World College of South East Asia in Singapore where she studied Theatre and Arts.
Sonam obtained a degree in Economics and Political Science from University of Mumbai through distance programme. She also attended the University of East London and graduated with a degree in Economics.
Indian / Asian
- Father – Anil Kapoor (Actor, Producer)
- Mother – Sunita Kapoor (Former Model, Fashion Designer)
- Siblings – Rhea Kapoor (Younger Sister) (Producer), Harshvardhan Kapoor (Younger Brother) (Producer)
Sonam Kapoor has dated –
- Sahir Berry (Businessman, Model)
- Punit Malhotra (Director)
- Anand Ahuja (Businessman)
- In feet – 5 feet 9.5 inches
- In centimeters – 177 cm
- In meters – 1.77 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 35-25-34
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a shoe size 9 (US).
She wears a dress size 6 (US) or 36 (EU).
Sonam Kapoor made her onscreen debut with the 2007 Hindi film Saawariya for which he received a Filmfare Award nomination for best female debut.
She had her first commercial success with the 2010 Hindi film I Hate Luv Storys.
She has featured on Koffee With Karan with actress Deepika Padukone.
L’Oreal cosmetics, Colgate, Electrolux, Lux, Mont Blanc, Oppo Mobile, Salvatore Ferragamo S.p.A. and Signature
- National Film Awards (Special Mention) – 2017.
- She is the great supporter of LGBT rights in India.
- Brand ambassador for the Elle Breast Cancer Campaign.
- Next Generation: Asia Class by The Hollywood Reporter in 2009 (First Indian actres to appear on the list).
- 100 most influential women on Twitter by The Huffington Post in 2015.
- Bollywood’s Best Dressed Actresses by Rediff.com in 2012 and 2013.
- Most Desirable Woman by Times of Indian in 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- World’s Sexiest Asian Women by UK magazine Eastern Eye from 2011 to 2014.
- Celebrity 100 List by Forbes Indian in 2012 and 2013
- Woman of the Year by the men’s magazine GQ India in 2013
- Indian ambassador for international cosmetics manufacturer L’Oréal.
Kapoor owns a BMW 7 Series Luxury Saloon, and a Audi Q7. Sonam lives in a luxury house along with her parents at 7th Road of the Ville Parle Scheme, in Juhu, Mumbai which is estimated to be worth Rs 25 crore.
Sonam Kapoor Net worth
Her net worth is estimated to be $11.5 million dollars as of 2017. She takes Rs 2 to 3 crore per film. She is one of the highest paid actresses in Bollywood and is listed in the high-profile A list actresses. Since her childhood, she lives a luxurious life.
Sonam Kapoor Favorites
- Favorite Food – Chaat
- Favorite Restaurants – Gajalee, Radio Club, The Pantry, Arya Bhavan, The Table, Hakkasan, in Mumbai; Bengal Sweet House, Parathewaali Galli (an Area), in Delhi; Angelina in Paris
- Favorite Book – Emma (By Jane Austen published in 1815), Atlas Shrugged (By Ayn Rand published in 1957)
- Favorite Movies – Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Virasat (1997), Lamhe (1991), Pukar (2000), Devdas (2002), Titanic (1997)
- Favorite Actor – Anil Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Shah Rukh khan, Leonardo Dicaprio, Ryan Gosling, Jonny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Waheeda Rehman, Meena Kumari, Priyanka Chopra, Rani Mukerji, Madhuri Dixit, Monica Belluci, Monore Audery
- Favorite Director – Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Favorite Songs – Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaye, Raat Kali Ek Khwab Mein Aaye
- Favorite Band – Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- Favorite Brands – Chanel, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Dior
- Favorite Holiday Destination – Rome, New York, Paris, London
- Favorite Color – White
- Favorite Author – Jane Austen
Social Media Portfolio
- Twitter – sonamakapoor
- Instagram – sonamkapoor
- Facebook – OfficialSonamKapoor
- Snapchat – sonamakapoor
Interesting About Facts Sonam Kapoor
She worked as a waitress in a Mexican Restaurant while she pursued theatre and arts in Singapore. But, she was fired after 4 days.
Sonam Kapoor worked as assistant director for movie Black (2005) directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali before becoming a popular actress.
She used to be stout and weighed around 90 kgs and had to shed down 35 kg for her debut film.
Sonam wanted to become a director and writer, but Bhansali convinced her to do films and launched her in his first film, Saawariya. In fact, he waited around 1.5 years to cast her in films.
She can speak fluently in five languages – Hindi, English, Punjabi, Urdu, Sindhi, and Marathi.
She has been described by the media as a style icon for having great sense of styling cues.
Kapoor has vowed that she would never an actor.
Sonam Kapoor suffered acrophobia while she was a teen, she got over it by going skydiving in New Zealand.
Her first boyfriend was a dutch.
She once had tongue piercing but had to remove it for her debut film. Apart from that, she had two tattoos.