The versatility of Indian cinema, Priyanka Chopra, a popular Indian actress, singer and film producer, known for her roles in films like Kaminey, 7 Khoon Maaf, Barfi!, Mary Kom, Dil Dhadakne Do, and Bajirao Mastani. She has received numerous awards, including a National Film Award and five Filmfare Awards and considered as one of the most influential and highest paid celebrities in the business. Forbes named her one of the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women in 2017. She’s the first South Asian to headline American tabloids for starring as Alex Parrish on the ABC thriller series Quantico.
Piggy Chops, Sunshine, Mimi, Yanka, PC
Actress, Singer, Film Producer, Philanthropist
Universal Music Group
Priyanka was born on July 18, 1982 in Jamshedpur (now in Jharkhand), Bihar, India.
She’s currently 35 years old.
Since her parents worked in Indian Army, her family had moved to several places in India. She briefly attended La Martiniere Girls’ School in Lucknow and St. Maria Goretti College in Bareilly before she moved to the United States.
Even in the US, She frequently relocated due to the nature of her aunt’s job with whom she stayed there. Priyanka was enrolled at the Newton North High School in Newton, Massachusetts and then to John F. Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. During her stay in Massachusetts, she attended several theatre productions and studied Western classical music, choral singing and Kathak dance. She was constantly bullied at school for being Indian.
Priyanka Chopra returned to India and finished her high school at the Army Public School in Bareilly. She was enrolled at the Jai Hind College in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India and graduated with a degree.
Indian (Punjabi, Malayali, Bihari)
- Father – Ashok Chopra (Physician in Indian Army) (Died on June 10, 2013)
- Mother – Madhu Chopra (gynaecologist in Indian Army)
- Siblings – Siddharth Chopra (Younger Brother)
- Relatives – Parineeti Chopra (Cousin), Meera Chopra (Cousin), Barbie Handa (Cousin), Mannara Chopra (Cousin)
Aseem Merchant – Priyanka first dated model Aseem Merchant during her modeling days. She broke out with him to focus on her career.
Shahid Kapoor – She and actor Shahid Kapoor were said to be relationship in the past while filming for Kaminey movie in 2009. The couple had neither denied nor admitted their relationship publicly, however it was under the wraps for a while.
Harman Baweja – Priyanka started dating actor Harman Baweja in 2008. They first met at the sets of the film Love Story 2050 and were spotted together on several occasions. The couple eventually ended off their relationship after being together for five years.
Akshay Kumar – Priyanka had hooked up with Akshay Kumar in the past. But, Akshay’s wife Twinkle got aware of it and warned him not to work with her in movies.
Shah Rukh Khan – It was rumored that Chopra and Shah Rukh Khan were dated each other. Due to pressure from his wife who was then a close to Priyanka, SRK ended her relationship with her.
- In feet – 5 feet 6½ inches
- In centimeters – 169 cm
- In meters – 1.69 m
- In Kilograms – 60 Kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
7.5 (US) / 38 (EU) / 5.5 (UK)
As a playback singer, she first crooned her voice for the song “Ullathai Killathe” in the Tamil film Thamizhan (2002).
Chopra has released a number of singles and music videos. She first signed with Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles and released her first single “In My City” on September 2012. The song received mixed reviews from critics, however, she received a handful of awards for the song. Her second and third singles were “Exotoc” and “I Can’t Make You Love Me”.
Priyanka made her first appearance in a Tamil movie, Thamizhan alongside Vijay in 2002. The Hindi film Mujhse Shaddi Karogi was her first commercial hit film.
Chopra made her debut in television industry as a host. She hosted the third season of India’s reality TV show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi X 3.
Priyanka Chopra has been associated with a number of brands like Garnier, Nokia Mobile Phone, Idea Spice Phone, Malik Law Chambers UK, Rajnigandha Silver Pearls – DS Group., etc.
She has also appeared in numerous TVCs and Print Ads.
- She ranked first on UK Magazine Eastern Eye’s “World’s Sexiest Asian Woman” list for four times since 2006.
- She was named “Hottest Girl of the Year” thrice by Maxim.
- She was named “India’s Best-Dressed Woman of the Year” by People in 2011
- In 2015, People magazine named her as the “Most Intriguing People of the Year”.
- In 2015, Chopra appeared in The Huffington Post’s “100 Most Influential Women on Twitter” list.
- In 2016, she ranked #4 on AskMen’s Top 99 Women.
- In 2016, Forbes named her the World’s eight-highest-paid TV actress.
- People magazine named her the “Most Beautiful Women in the World” in 2017.
Priyanka Chopra Net worth
Being one of the mots popular, most successful and most sought after actress in the entertainment industry, Priyanka Chopra has a net worth of $32 Million Dollars as of 2017. She charges an average of Rs 10 crore per film, Rs 2 crore for an episode in TV shows, Rs 5 crore per endorsement.
She was paid $3.7 million dollars for Quantico in 2015 which is incredibly popular amongst Americans. It is said that Priyanka charges a hefty amount for her role in Quantico next season.
Cars & Bikes
Chopra has quite and impressive collection of exotic cars, including Rolls Royce Ghost, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes Benz E Class and BMW 7 Series. She is also a fan of riding bikes, who owns a Harley Davidson SuperLow.
Priyanka Chopra owns a plush flat in the posh Andheri in Mumbai. Apart from that, she also owns a couple of luxury houses in Mumbai and New York City.
Priyanka Chopra Favourites
- Favourite Food – Risotto, Burgers, French fries, Chicken/Mutton Biryani, Fish curry, Sarson ka saag, Bourbon biscuits, Red velvet cake, and Lasanga.
- Favourite Actor – Matthew Mcconaughey, Tom Hardy, Kishore Kumar, Mel Gibson, Shah Rukh Khan and Dharmendra
- Favourite Actress – Rekha , Sushmita Sen
- Favourite Movies – Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Jerry Maguire, Pretty Woman, Walk in the Clouds
- Favourite Songs – Careless Whispers by George Micheal, I Will Always Love You By Sarah Washington
- Favourite Books – Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, Tell me your Dreams by Sidney Sheldon, Letters from a Father to His Daughter by Jawaharlal Nehru
- Favourite Colour – Red
- Favourite Perfume – Ralph Lauren Romance
- Favourite Restaurant – Olive in Mumbai
- Favourite Holiday Destination – Paris, Brazil and Mexico
- Favourite Costume – Saree
Social Media Portfolio
The Bollywood damsel is immensely popular on social media as well. Follow her on:
Priyanka Chopra Early Life and Career
Priyanka Chopra is a talented actress, performer and renowned face in Bollywood acquired international fame and popularity in since she was crowned Miss World 2000. The bussing actress started modeling at her teenage and subsequently contested in beauty pageants. After grabbing Femina Miss India 2000 title, she represented India in the Miss World pageant the same year and won the title. That marked a steeping stone in her acting career that fetched her a lead role in a Tamil film in 2002. Since then, Chopra has seen a remarkable growth in the industry expanding her portfolio to Hollywood, making her one of the highest paid actresses in the world.
She has created a name for herself in the entertainment industry as well as regarded as a A list actress in the business. Chopra has starred in a number of box office successes including Aitraaz, Fashion, Kaminey, 7 Khoon Maaf, Barfi!, Don 2, Agneepath and Krrish 3 amongst others. She has received several accolades and honors, including a National Film Awards for Best Actress, five Filmfare Awards, and India’s fourth highest civilian award Padma Shri for her contribution to arts.
Priyanka Chopra was the first South Asian woman to play a lead role in the American drama thriller series Quantico. Her popularity earned her a sole in Hollwyood film Baywatch. She is currently starring in a couple of Hollywood films. She is quite an impressive and bankable actress in the business. She is one of the few actors in India to be well accomplished for philanthropic works. Priyanka Chopra is also a global UNICEF Godwill Ambassador.
Apart from being an actress, Chopra is also an writer, who write opinion column for famous publishers around the world. Priyanka Chopra has also featured on the covers of numerous magazines. She has earned the hearts of millions of fans world wide, thanks to her good looks, sheer hard work, amazing talents and good heart.