Elle Fanning is an American actress most widely known for her role as Alice Dainard in “Super 8”, which earned her a Spotlight Award at the Hollywood Film Festival. She is the younger sister of popular actress Dakota Fanning. She started her acting career at a very young age and soon established herself as an upcoming young actress in Hollywood, thanks to her beautiful looks and amazing onscreen persona. Her acting credits include “Phoebe in Wonderland”, “Somewhere”, “Maleficent”, “20th Century Women”, and “The Neon Demon”.
Mary Elle Fanning
Birthday / Date of Birth
Elle Fanning was born on April 9, 1998 in Conyers, Georgia, United States of America.
She’s currently 20 years old.
Her ancestry is Irish, English, French, German and Channel Islander.
Elle graduated from Campbell Hall School, North Hollywood, Los Angeles in June 2016.
- Father – Steven J. Fanning (Electronics salesman)
- Mother – Heather Joy (née Arrington) (Pro Tennis Player)
- Siblings – Dakota Fanning (Older Sister) (Actress)
Elle Fanning has been in a relationship with actor Zalman Band since 2015.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 59 kg
- In Pounds – 130 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-35
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size -32A
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 2 (US).
Elle Fanning made her acting debut at the age of three when she played the younger version of her older sister Dakota’s character in the film “I Am Sam” in 2001.
Her first leading role in a film came in 2008 when she played Phoebe Lichten in the film “Phoebe in Wonderland”. Directed by Daniel Barnz, the film had actors Felicity Huffman, Patricia Clarkson, and Bill Pullman. The film centers around the life of a nine-year-old girl who suffers from Tourette syndrome.
Elle’s won her first acting job as Allie keys in 2001 in a sci-fi TV mini-series “Taken” . She was cast as teh younger version of her older sister Dakota’s character in that series.
Elle Fanning earned a lot of appreciation and popularity for her role as Alice Dainard in an American sci-fi thriller “Super 8”. Directed by JJ Abrams, the film was overwhelmingly received by critics and audience earning her and the team several awards. The film centers around a group of teenagers who are forced to deal with strange happenings in their small town.
She played a significant role of Aurora in Robert Stromberg’s dark fantasy film, “Maleficent” alongside actors Angelina Jolie, Sharlto Copley, Sam Riley and Imelda Staunton. The film was released in 2014 to critical acclaim and also received an Oscar nomination.
Her other notable works include her roles in “Ginger and Rosa (2012) “, “The Beguiled (2017) “, “Somewhere” (2010) and “We Bought a Zoo” (2011).
Fanning has done endorsement work for Target, Toyota, and Smuckers.
She was featured in J. Estina commercial along with her sister Dakota.
Elle Fanning Favorites
- Favorite Food – Fresh Salmon, Cookies, Vegemite Sandwich
- Favorite Movies – Cat In The Hat (2003), Alice In Wonderland (1957), Charlotte’s Web (2006), Gone With The Wind (1939), Mary Poppins (1964), Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968)
- Favorite TV Shows – I Love Lucy (1951-1957), Fear Factor (2001), The Regis And Kelly Show (1988), The Looney Tunes Show (2010), Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (2006)
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actresses – Meryl Streep, Jodie Foster, Marion Cotillard, Dakota Fanning.
- Favorite Band – Taylor Swift, The Jonas Brothers, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, The Like
- Favorite Books – “Cat In The Hat” by Dr. Seuss, “Charlotte’s Web” by E.B. White, “Twilight” by Stephenie Meyer
- Favorite Songs – “Just Dance” by Lady Gaga (2008), “The Nutcracker Suite”, “Taylor Swift Fearless” by Taylor Swift (2009)
- Favorite Singer – Beyoncé.
- Favorite Accessories – Hello Kitty, Cowboy Hat, Pink Dress, Viking Cheerleading Uniform, Vintage 50s Clothes, Two Eyeglasses
- Favorite Fashion Idols – Regis Philbin, Meryl Streep, Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Jodie Foster, Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Marilyn Monroe, Cate Blanchett
- Favorite Color – Pink, Black
- Favorite Places – Taco Bell, Sundance Film Festival, Beach
- Favorite Sport – Volleyball
Elle Fanning Net worth
Elle Fanning has a net worth of $5 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – ellefanning
Elle Fanning Facts
She is a born actress who made her start in show business at the age of two years and eight months. She played the younger version of her sister, Dakota Fanning’s, character Lucy in the drama film I Am Sam (2001) and again as Allie in Taken (2002).
She was only three and a half years old when she attended her first Hollywood premiere.
In 2008, she was ranked #19 alongside her sister, Dakota Fanning, on Entertainment Weekly’s “30 Under 30” the actress list.
She learned to play the piano at her very young age.
She took ice skating lessons for six weeks for her role as Cleo in the 2010 film Somewhere.
Elle is scared of thunderstorms and lightning.
She was made the face of Marc Jacobs and Rodarte at the age of 13 years old.
Elle often tends to color her hair for her roles in films. She dyed her hair red for her role as Ginger in Ginger & Rosa (2012) and dyed her hair brown for her role as the real-life Nikola Trumbo in Trumbo (2015).
Elle was originally considered for the role of Art3mis in Ready Player One (2018) but it finally went to Olivia Cooke.