Berenice Bejo Height, Weight, Age, Wiki, Biography, Net Worth, Facts
Berenice Bejo is a Argentine-born French actress who has made the leap to international fame for her role as Peppy Miller in the 2011 film The Artist. For her work in the film, she earned an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress and won the Cesar Award for Best Actress.Her other notable work include her performance as Christiana in A Knight’s Tale and Marie Brisson in The Past. The latter earned her the Best Actress award at the Cannes Film Festival in 2013.
Argentine and French
Birthday / Date of Birth
Berenice Bejo was born on 7th July 1976, in in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
She’s currently 42 years old.
She has Argentinian, Spanish and Italian ancestry.
Her educational background is unknown.
- Father – Miguel Bejo (Filmmaker)
- Mother – Silvia (Lawyer)
- Siblings – Moira Grassi (Sister) (Actress)
Berenice Bejo is married to French filmmaker Michel Hazanavicius. She gave birth to their first child, a son, Lucien Hazanavicius on June 25, 2008 and their second child, a daughter, Gloria Hazanavicius on September 18, 2011.
- In feet – 5 feet 5¾ inches
- In centimeters – 167 cm
- In meters – 1.67 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
Berenice Bejo made her acting debut as Laetitia Rance in the 2000 French comedy film, “Mots Promising Young Actress”. This role earned her a nomination for César Award for Most Promising Actress.
Her Hollywood debut came in 2001 when she cast as Christiana in Brian Helgeland’s adventure comedy film, “A Knight’s Tale”.
In 1996, she played Laurence in the French TV movie Histoires d’hommes.
She earned critical acclaim for her performance in her husband’s French comedy dram film, “The Artist”. She won several awards César Award for Best Actress, Lumières Award for Best Actress and Hollywood Film Festival Spotlight Award as well as nominated for Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress and BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role.
Berenice Bejo Favorites
- Favorite Movie – Laura (1944)
- Favorite Actress – Marilyn Monroe
- Favorite Directors – Billy Wilder, Otto Preminger, René Clair and Clint Eastwood
Berenice Bejo Net worth
Berenice Bejo has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Berenice Bejo Facts
1. Her family moved to France when she was three years old during the Argentina’s last civil-military dictatorship (1976-1983).
2. Berenice was raised in Paris, France.
3. She had a keen interest in acting from a young age since her father was an Argentine filmmaker.
4. Berenice began her acting career in the 1990s by appearing in French television and film productions.
5. For her role in the 2002 movie Vertiges: Koan, she studied karate with Alain Figlarz.
6. Her hobbies include biking, writing, photography and collecting 1920s hats.
7. She was considered for the role of Rita in Edge of Tomorrow (2014), but it went to Emily Blunt.
8. Berenice is the only winner of the Best Actress César to be nominated for the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for the same performance.
9. Berenice is the second Argentine-born actress to be nominated for an Oscar. The other was Norma Aleandro.
10. She has also appeared in theatre productions such as The Threepenny Opera and Tout ce que vous voulez.
11. She will be nest seen in the movies The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir and La Quietud.