Daniel Radcliffe is an English actor who achieved fame and success after playing his part as as Harry Potter in the popular Harry Potter film franchise, which is the adaptation of J K Rowling’s novel of the same name. He started acting at a very young age of 10 in BBC One’s television film David Copperfield, and then went on to star in films. He has appeared in a number of box office hit films like ‘The Woman in Black’, ‘Victor Frankenstein’, ‘Swiss Army Man’ and ‘Jungle’. He has also done many theatre productions like Martin McDonagh’s ‘The Cripple of Irishmaan’ and ‘The Play I Wrote’.
Daniel Jacob Radcliffe
Dan, Jacob Gershon
Actor, Film Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Daniel Radcliffe was born on July 23, 1989 in Fulham, London, England, UK.
He’s currently 29 years old.
Daniel Radcliffe received his education from three independent schools for boys – Redcliffe School, a day school in Chelsea’s Redcliffe Square, Sussex House School, a day school in Cadogan Square in Chelsea in London, followed by the City of London School, a day school on the North Bank of the River Thames in London’s financial district, known as the City of London.
- Father – Alan George Radcliffe (Literary Agent)
- Mother – Marcia Jeannine Gresham (née Marcia Gresham Jacobson) (Casting Agent)
- Siblings – He’s the only child.
Throughout his acting career, Radcliffe has been romantically linked with many women at different times of life. In 2007, he started dating Laura O’Toole which ended in less than a year. He was then in a relationship with Rosanne Coker, who worked as a production assistant for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. They ended their relationship in October 2012.
From 2012, Daniel has been dating Erin Maya Darke, who is a casting agent.
- In feet – 5 feet 5¼ inches
- In centimeters – 166 cm
- In meters – 1.66 m
- In Kilograms – 64 kg
- In Pounds – 141 lbs
He wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
Daniel Radcliffe made his acting debut starring as Mark Pendel in the 2001 American-Irish comedy drama thriller film, ‘The Tailor of Panama’.
Daniel earned his first acting credits at the age of 10 in BBC One’s televised two-part adaptation of the Charles Dickens novel David Copperfield, portraying the title character as a young boy.
He had his first major role starring as Harry Potter in the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, which was released in 2001. He then went on to reprise the role in all of the eight Harry Potter films. This role earned him numerous accolades, including multiple MTV Movie Awards and Teen Choice Awards and National Movie Awards for Best Male Performance in 2007.
Daniel Radcliffe Favorites
- Favorite Food – Fish, Sushi, Pizza, Chocolate, Diet Coke
- Favorite Actors – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Christina Ricci, Cameron Diaz, Scarlett Johansson, Ben Stiller.
- Favorite Movies – Mystic River (2003), Goodbye Lenin! (2003), The Edukators (2004), 12 Angry Men (1957)
- Favorite TV Shows – The Simpsons (1989-), Family Guy (1999-), Dad’s Army (1968-1977)
- Favorite Books – 1984 by George Orwell, Three Man in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling)
- Favorite Color – Yellow, Blue
- Favorite Bands – Jane’s Addiction, The Rage Against The Machine, Brendan Benson, Zwan, Muse, Blur, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Stratovarius, The Beatles, Huey Lewis, The News, Tom Robinson, Sex Pistols, The Zutons, Razorlight, The Libertines, Kaiser Chiefs, Hopes Of The States, Bloc Party, The Futureheads, The Killers, The Strokes, The Clash, The Pixies
- Favorite Author – Iain Banks
Daniel Radcliffe Net worth
Daniel Radcliffe has a total net worth of $110 million with annual earnings of $25 million. He’s one of the richest actors in the industry who achieved it at a young age. This net worth comes form film and television appearances and other public appearances. He has several properties in possession including a $4 million luxury house located at West 12th street, $1 million Mercer Home and 1 Morton Square Home both of which are located in New York. He owns a green Fiat Grande Punto.
Social Media Profiles
He’s not on social media. However, if you want, you can follow the below parody account.
Daniel Radcliffe Facts
Has two border terriers named Binka and Nugget.
He was voted “Person of the Year 2002” by Time Kids.
In Februry 2004, British newspaper The Sun listed him as Britain’s third richest teenager behind only Prince Harry and Charlotte Church. He is said to be worth 5 million pounds.
Radcliffe can rotate his arm 360 degrees.
He is a huge fan of Red Hot Chili Peppers and attended their London concert in June 2004.
He is afraid of clowns.
In 2007, he was ranked at #10 on Yahoo! List of 10 Most Popular Stars of 2007 on Yahoo! Movies.
He ranked #29 on Entertainment Weekly’s “30 Under 30” the actors list in 2008.
He ranked #5 on the VH1 list of 100 Greatest Kid Stars in 2012.
In 2008, he revealed that he suffers from a mild form of neurological disorder dyspraxia called motor skill disorder (Problem with movement and coordination).
In 2011, Radcliffe received The Trevor Project’s Hero Award for his contributions to charities.